CONNECTION BETWEEN HUMANS AND NATURE IN THE STORIES OF FRUITS AND FLOWERS (PHAM HO)
Corresponding Author(s) : Tran Thi Nhung
UED Journal of Social Sciences, Humanities and Education,
Vol. 11 No. 2 (2021): UED Journal of Social Sciences, Humanities and Education
The connection between people and nature is one of the important issues of spiritual ecology today. The article applies the theory of connecting human with nature and methods of survey and statistics to analyze and exploit the connection between human and nature in The Stories of Flowers and Fruits by Pham Ho in five aspects: material, experience, perception, emotion, philosophy and artistic aspects to convey the connection message. Since then, it is affirmed that The Stories of Fruits and Flowers shows the philosophical depth of the relationship between human and nature, has the value of positively impacting relationship between human and nature: bringing a close and friendly view with nature, aiming to people, especially children, to have positive perceptions, attitudes and behaviors towards nature and their living environment.
- Capaldi, C. A., Dopko, R. L., & Zelenski, J. M. (2014). The relationship between nature connectedness and happiness: A meta-analysis. Frontiers in Psychology, 5. https://doi.org/10.3389/fpsyg.2014.00976
- Folke, C., Jansson, Å., Rockström, J., Olsson, P., Carpenter, S. R., Chapin, F. S., Crépin, A.-S., Daily, G., Danell, K., Ebbesson, J., Elmqvist, T., Galaz, V., Moberg, F., Nilsson, M., Österblom, H., Ostrom, E., Persson, Å., Peterson, G., Polasky, S., … Westley, F. (2011). Reconnecting to the Biosphere. AMBIO, 40(7), 719. https://doi.org/10.1007/s13280-011-0184-y
- Frantz, C. M., & Mayer, F. S. (2014). The importance of connection to nature in assessing environmental education programs. Studies in Educational Evaluation, 41, 85–89. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.stueduc.2013.10.001
- Geng, L., Xu, J., Ye, L., Zhou, W., & Zhou, K. (2015). Connections with Nature and Environmental Behaviors. PLOS ONE, 10(5), e0127247. https://doi.org/10.1371/journal.pone.0127247
- Gosling, E., & Williams, K. J. H. (2010). Connectedness to nature, place attachment and conservation behaviour: Testing connectedness theory among farmers. Journal of Environmental Psychology, 30(3), 298–304. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvp.2010.01.005
- Ho, P. (2005). The Stories of Fruits and Flowers (Chuyện hoa chuyện quả). Kim Dong.
- Howell, A. J., Dopko, R. L., Passmore, H.-A., & Buro, K. (2011). Nature connectedness: Associations with well-being and mindfulness. Personality and Individual Differences, 51(2), 166–171. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.paid.2011.03.037
- Hughes, J., Rogerson, M., Barton, J., & Bragg, R. (2019). Age and connection to nature: When is engagement critical? Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, 17(5), 265–269. https://doi.org/10.1002/fee.2035
- Ives, C. D., Abson, D. J., von Wehrden, H., Dorninger, C., Klaniecki, K., & Fischer, J. (2018). Reconnecting with nature for sustainability. Sustainability Science, 13(5), 1389–1397. https://doi.org/10.1007/s11625-018-0542-9
- La, T. B. L. (2006). Children’s Literature Curriculum (Giáo trình Văn học trẻ em). University of Education Press Ha Noi.
- Louv, R. (2005). Last Child in the Woods: Saving Our Children from Nature-Deficit Disorder (1st edition). Algonquin Books of Chapel Hill.
- Pyle, R. M. (2003). Nature matrix: Reconnecting people and nature. Oryx, 37(2), 206–214. https://doi.org/10.1017/S0030605303000383
- Restall, B., & Conrad, E. (2015). A literature review of connectedness to nature and its potential for environmental management. Journal of Environmental Management, 159, 264–278. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jenvman.2015.05.022
- Santoso, T., Atfalusoleh, S., Kusmanto, H., Hasjim, N., & Al-Ma’ruf, A. I. (2020). The Relationship Between Humans and Natural Environment In Luka Perempuan Asap Novel By Nafi’ah Al-Ma’rab: Literature Ecocritics Review. Undefined. https://www.semanticscholar.org/paper/The-Relationship-Between-Humans-And-Natural-In-Luka-Santoso-Atfalusoleh/2eb1bf4381174a73d268e38cf9519f3e1428b618
- Soga, M., & Gaston, K. J. (2016). Extinction of experience: The loss of human–nature interactions. Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment, 14(2), 94–101. https://doi.org/10.1002/fee.1225
- Wilson, E. O. (1984). Biophilia: The human bond with other species. Harvard University Press.