May 6, 2021
Jun 21, 2021
USING EXPERIMENT IN TEACHING TOPIC “ENERGY TRANSFORMATION” IN BIOLOGY FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS
Corresponding Author(s) : Trinh Dong Thu
UED Journal of Social Sciences, Humanities and Education,
Vol. 11 No. 1 (2021): UED Journal of Social Sciences, Humanities and Education (UED-JSHE)
Using experiments in organizing teaching activities in/for Biology class is a way to transform learners' awareness - from accessing content to taking actions. Besides, teaching by topic is both a requirement and an inevitable trend nowadays. Therefore, the use of experiments to organize teaching by topic can be considered an optimal solution. This article aims to elaborate on the instructional activities in which experiments can be used to deliver the topic “Energy transformation” in teaching Biology.
topic teaching topic activity experiment teaching Biology
Trinh Dong Thu. (2021). USING EXPERIMENT IN TEACHING TOPIC “ENERGY TRANSFORMATION” IN BIOLOGY FOR HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS. UED Journal of Social Sciences, Humanities and Education, 11(1), 96-103. https://doi.org/10.47393/jshe.v11i1.936
Download CitationEndnote/Zotero/Mendeley (RIS)
- CTCA. (2019, June 11). The ‘good, better, best’ list of healthy foods. Cancer Treatment Centers of America. https://cdn.cancercenter.com/community/blog/2019/06/good-better-best-list-of-healthy-foods.
- Garner, R. (2015). Finland’s ‘teaching by topic’ instead of ‘teaching by subject’ policy actually started in Norway 40 years ago. The Independent. https://www.independent.co.uk/news/education/education-news/finland-s-teaching-topic-instead-teaching-subject-policy-actually-started-norway-40-years-ago-10213317.html.
- Grade 6 Biology - Unit 21: Photosynthesis. (n.d.). Elib. https://www.elib.vn/hoc-tap/bai-21-quang-hop-3579.html.
- Gutierrez, F. J. M. (2016, November 10). Subject Content Teaching [Text]. University of Chichester. https://www.chi.ac.uk/institute-education/ international-teacher-education/international-programmes/subject-content-teaching.
- Heggart, K. (2016). How Important is Subject Matter Knowledge for a Teacher? Edutopia. https://www.edutopia.org/discussion/how-important-subject-matter-knowledge-teacher.
- Hotaman, D. (2010). The teaching profession: Knowledge of subject matter, teaching skills and personality traits. Procedia - Social and Behavioral Sciences, 2, 1416–1420. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.sbspro.2010.03.211.
- Importance of Science Education in Schools. (2017). University of Texas Arlington. https://academicpartnerships.uta.edu/articles/education/importance-of-science-education.aspx.
- Kamamia, N. T. N., & Thinguri, R. W. (2014). To establish the extent to which the subject mastery enhances quality teaching to student-teachers during teaching practice. International Journal of Education and Research, 2(7), 641–648.
- Limited, A. (2001). Stock Photo-Year 10 pupils conduct a science experiment measuring energy in food in classroom of Welsh comprehensive school Wales UK. Alamy. https://www.alamy.com/stock-photo-year-10-pupils-conduct-a-science-experiment-measuring-energy-in-food-28475065.html.
- Mackean, D. G. (n.d.). Biology Experiments 2: Supplementary Experiments. http://www.biology-resources.com/biology-experiments-sup.html.
- Ministry of Education and Training. (2014). A guide on implementing professional activities regarding reforming methods of teaching, learning, testing and assessment; organizing and managing professional activities of high schools/centers of continuing education periodically online (V/v hướng dẫn sinh hoạt chuyên môn về đổi mới phương pháp dạy học và kiểm tra, đánh giá; tổ chức và quản lý các hoạt động chuyên môn của trường trung học/trung tâm giáo dục thường xuyên qua mạng), 5555/BGDDT-GDTrH.
- Ministry of Education and Training. (2018). The High School Biology Program (Issued with Circular No. 32/2018/TT-BGDDT on 26/12/2018) [Chương trình Giáo dục Phổ thông môn Sinh học (Ban hành kèm theo Thông tư số 32/2018/TT-BGDĐT ngày 26 tháng 12 năm 2018 của Bộ Giáo dục & Đào tạo)].
- Procedure. (n.d.). How Will Changing the State of the Potato in Hydrogen Peroxide Effect the Reaction Speed of Catalase? http://potatocatala semoncka1aarc.weebly.com/procedure.html.
- Rollnick, M., & Mavhunga, E. (2016). The Place of Subject Matter Knowledge in Teacher Education. In J. Loughran & M. L. Hamilton (Eds.), International Handbook of Teacher Education: Volume 1 (pp. 423–452). Springer. https://doi.org/10.1007/978-981-10-0366-0_11.
- Science Education. (n.d.). Linkoping University. https://liu.se/en/research/subject-based-teaching-in-the-natural-sciences.
- Trinh, D. T. (2020). Using the simulation experiment in teaching organism biology for high school. UED Journal of Social Sciences, Humanities and Education, 10(1), 95–101. https://doi.org/ 10.47393/jshe.v10i1.876.
- Trinh, D. T. (2020). Designing topics towards capacity development in teaching Biology for high school students (Thiết kế chủ đề theo định hướng phát triển năng lực trong dạy học Sinh học Trung học Phổ thông). Journal of Sciences - Hue University of Education, 2(54), 77-87.
- Trinh, D. T.& Hoang, T. M. L. (2017). Using the simulation experiment in teaching cell biology for high school students (Sử dụng thí nghiệm mô phỏng để tổ chức dạy học phần Sinh học tế bào, Trung học phổ thông). Journal of Education, 420(2), 36-39.
- Watters, J. (n.d.). The Role of Subject-Matter Knowledge In Teaching Science And Mathematics: Practices of Teachers with advanced Qualifications in the sciences. Research Data Australia. https://researchdata.edu.au/role-subject-matter-qualifications-sciences/14185.